- Grandparent’s Day! Sunday September 13th: Please submit pictures of your loved one’s grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc. Feel free to include some information about the photo (names, setting, special meaning, etc.).
Submit only copies or pictures you do not need returned, please!
Submit by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also drop off pictures and write-ups at the front desk or mail them to the Activity Department, Matulaitis Home, 10 Thurber Road, Putnam, CT 06260.
- Consider joining the Caregiver Support Group! See the flyer above for more details. This is an excellent opportunity for any Matulaitis or other community members who may like to find extra support for a significant life challenge.
NEWS IN REVIEW
- Mother’s Day 2020 did not happen as planned. However, our creative staff members and faithful families/Family Council were able to share some love and joy with a drive-by parade. Thank you to all who organized, participated in, and supported this unusual celebration. Thanks also to the East Putnam Fire Station for staging and logistical support, Quiet Corner Cares, Rachel Morrison from Lowes, and CK Greenhouse in Cheshire for flower donations, and Gary Osbrey from WINY for the great coverage, which you can see here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=267618164366078.
- While spring 2020 was an unprecedented time, new initiatives were in full swing at Matulaitis Home. See the patio makeover link above to marvel over initial phases of a cognitive garden makeover on our grounds.
- On Sunday, November 17th, Master of Ceremonies Al Cormier (American Legion Post 13, Putnam) and companions led our annual Veterans’ Day Assembly, sponsored by our Family Council. 20 veterans (residents, staff, and volunteers) were honored. Several WWII Veterans were given personalized homemade “Quilts of Valor” made by the local Stitch Chicks Crew. See the link above for more pictures from this moving event.
- Rainy Halloween meant that Matulaitis Home was hopping! Some estimate that over 120 trick-or-treaters came to bring joy to our residents while scoring a nice bit of candy.
- CMS Five-Star Rating: Once again, Matulaitis has received the highest, five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Congratulations to all of our staff members for their dedication and hard work! See Nursing Home Compare for more information.
What Others are Saying About Matulaitis…
“Everyone working there helped me to start a positive road to recovery. The work you all do is a wonderful blessing to each and every patient/resident you have in your care.”
“This facility has the most caring and compassionate people towards an individual—not only to myself, but to others on the floor. They are there for you to get better. I would not have gotten home as fast as I did if it were not for ‘everyone’ – they all deserve a ‘giant A-1’ in everything. Highly recommended.”
“This facility was beyond wonderful. We would put mom in no other nursing home but Matulaitis. Everyone from aides to nurses, therapists, social services, etc. are great people and always helpful and smiling.”
-Mark and Karen Kaylor
“Our family would like to thank you all for your outstanding care for our mother during the last days of her life! Each and every one of you played a role in helping to care for and get through such a difficult time. Mom said it was like ‘heaven.’ We are blessed to have such caring people in our community.”
-The Swenson Family