- Consider joining the Caregiver Support Group, which meets at Matulaitis Home! See the flyer above for more details. This is an excellent opportunity for any Matulaitis or other community members who may like to find extra support for a significant life challenge.
- A Veterans’ Coffeehouse meets in the Matulaitis Dining Room the second Tuesday of the month at 2:30pm.
NEWS IN REVIEW
- On Sunday, November 17th, Master of Ceremonies Al Cormier (American Legion Post 13, Putnam) and companions led our annual Veterans’ Day Assembly, sponsored by our Family Council. 20 veterans (residents, staff, and volunteers) were honored. Several WWII Veterans were given personalized homemade “Quilts of Valor” made by the local Stitch Chicks Crew. See the link above for more pictures from this moving event.
- Rainy Halloween meant that Matulaitis Home was hopping! Some estimate that over 120 trick-or-treaters came to bring joy to our residents while scoring a nice bit of candy.
- Matulaitis Home’s 51st opening anniversary and dedication of a new flagpole donated by the Veterans’ Coffehouse was celebrated on June 14, 2019. Over 100 residents, staff members, friends, and family members came for delicious food and fellowship. American Legion Post 13 color guard members raised the American flag after the blessing of the flagpole. Joyous patriotic songs recognized various branches of the military among our residents and guests. Many thanks to all for a beautiful celebration. Please see link above and here for more pictures from the event.
- Family Movie Night – April 24th marked our second family movie night with residents, family members, popcorn, and an enjoyable screening of A Dog’s Way Home.
- CMS Five-Star Rating: Once again, Matulaitis has received the highest, five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Congratulations to all of our staff members for their dedication and hard work! See Nursing Home Compare for more information.
What Others are Saying About Matulaitis…
“Everyone working there helped me to start a positive road to recovery. The work you all do is a wonderful blessing to each and every patient/resident you have in your care.”
“This facility has the most caring and compassionate people towards an individual—not only to myself, but to others on the floor. They are there for you to get better. I would not have gotten home as fast as I did if it were not for ‘everyone’ – they all deserve a ‘giant A-1’ in everything. Highly recommended.”
“This facility was beyond wonderful. We would put mom in no other nursing home but Matulaitis. Everyone from aides to nurses, therapists, social services, etc. are great people and always helpful and smiling.”
-Mark and Karen Kaylor
“Our family would like to thank you all for your outstanding care for our mother during the last days of her life! Each and every one of you played a role in helping to care for and get through such a difficult time. Mom said it was like ‘heaven.’ We are blessed to have such caring people in our community.”
-The Swenson Family