- Commemoration of Blessed George Matulaitis Day: Dr. Susan Belanger, PhD, MA, RN, NEA-BC, Interim System Vice President Mission Integration and System Ethicist at Covenant Health System will deliver a guest lecture for staff members and all interested on our unique role as a Catholic organization in health care on Friday, Jan. 25, 2019 in the Matulaitis Home auditorium.
- Consider joining the Caregiver Support Group, which meets at Matulaitis Home! See the flyer above for more details. This is an excellent opportunity for any Matulaitis or other community members who may like to find extra support for a significant life challenge.
- A Veterans’ Coffeehouse meets in the Matulaitis Dining Room the second Tuesday of the month at 2:30pm.
NEWS IN REVIEW
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception and Employee Recommitment Service: Matulaitis Home staff members gathered in the chapel on Dec. 5 to recommit to our mission and values, to remember why we serve, in honor of our special feast day.
- Veterans’ Day: The Family Council hosted a service honoring Veterans at Matulaitis Home on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 2:00pm.
- Sisters of the Immaculate Conception founded by Blessed George Matulaitis 100 years ago: On October 15, 2018, we were honored to have the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception come to Mass and a special gesture of love and appreciation at Matulaitis Home. This marked exactly 100 years since the founding of their congregation in Lithuania. See the link above for more pictures from the event. To read up on our beautiful history, see the Our Heritage page on our website under Community.
- Family Council Updates: The annual family council picnic on September 8 was a joyous success! We thank the families and staff members for organizing this warm and fun celebration of togetherness.
- 50th Anniversary Celebrations! Matulaitis Nursing Home opened its doors on June 14, 1968. In honor of this, three days of celebrations took place on June 13-15, including a staff celebration, a Mass of Thanksgiving with a formal reception, as well as a resident and guest luncheon. In addition to the pictures to the right, please see the files above for more glimpses of merriment and celebration.
- CMS Five-Star Rating: Once again, Matulaitis has received the highest, five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Congratulations to all of our staff members for their dedication and hard work! See Nursing Home Compare for more information.
What Others are Saying About Matulaitis…
“Everyone working there helped me to start a positive road to recovery. The work you all do is a wonderful blessing to each and every patient/resident you have in your care.”
“This facility has the most caring and compassionate people towards an individual—not only to myself, but to others on the floor. They are there for you to get better. I would not have gotten home as fast as I did if it were not for ‘everyone’ – they all deserve a ‘giant A-1’ in everything. Highly recommended.”
“This facility was beyond wonderful. We would put mom in no other nursing home but Matulaitis. Everyone from aides to nurses, therapists, social services, etc. are great people and always helpful and smiling.”
-Mark and Karen Kaylor
“Our family would like to thank you all for your outstanding care for our mother during the last days of her life! Each and every one of you played a role in helping to care for and get through such a difficult time. Mom said it was like ‘heaven.’ We are blessed to have such caring people in our community.”
-The Swenson Family